- I used to cycle everywhere, now I take the subway - but I read on my way
- I used to take naps several times a day, now I work in an office where I can't do that
- I used to write this blog in the mornings at home, now I take pen and paper to a cafe and write to write my first book
- I used to have a busy social life, now I have a busy working schedule
- I used to have singing lessons three times a week, now I only sing when alone at home
- I used to teach guitar, now I don't even have one
I think this is, what fascinates people about minimalism - the emptiness, the non-determination. What I'm experiencing right now is, that we need determination just as we need freedom. We need the daily grind, we need stuff. But we must not hold on to it.